Friday, April 9, 2010

Solar System

After a long hiatus I've finally put together another poster, this time of the planets of the solar system (you can imagine the debate I had with people about whether or not to include Pluto, but ultimately it came down to aesthetics because you could barely see it to scale compared to the other planets. Poor Pluto....). The original concept design was supposed to include almost all of the moons next to their respective planets, but since I really wanted everything to be to scale, I decided to take them out since the vast majority of the moons would simply be tiny specs. There were even a few occasions where I mistook a couple for dust on my screen. So I decided to keep it very clean and very simple, with a little color to distinguish the rockier, warmer inner planets and brighten up what is predominantly a gray poster. Hope you guys like it!

(Full poster via Zazzle)

Posted via email from Infographic's Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment