Saturday, February 13, 2010

Layers of the Earth

Last week I put together an infographic on the earth's water cycle in the style of an old elementary school textbook. On further reflection, I felt that that entire art style was really not the direction that I wanted my infographic gallery to go in. Still, the water cycle poster inspired me to look into other earth sciences processes, so I decided my next graphic would be about the earth and atmosphere. After some poking around on the Internet, I kept coming across infographics that looked like this:

After looking at images like these, I decided to go in a very different direction from the classic, somewhat cluttered textbook/school poster look and instead go a lot simpler and cleaner with a bit of a retro feel. Here's the result:

A larger version of the image and full poster can be found here.

Posted via email from Infographic's Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment